• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state pistol sale - questions

all this will be settled in a few minutes, experts are slobbering at the mouth on this one

Nope.

The entertainment value of watching this play out overwhelms any desire to prevent someone from being the victim of his own folly and ignorance.

The fools who are foolish enough to jump on this train will soon find out it's narrow gauge and short line.

[QUOTE="gh1950, post: 8376043]

The fools who are foolish enough to jump on this train will soon find out it's narrow gauge and short line.[/QUOTE]

You're the seventh, maybe eighth!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeoW, I see you deleted your original comment, but I'll just chime in anyway.

People DO need to involve at least one FFL dealer (the one in the buyer's or transferee's state) when the seller/ transferor is a resident of a different state.
No state has the power to pass a law making this unnecessary, although states do have the power to ban interstate transfers not involving TWO federally licensed dealers, if they wish.

The law is a federal one-- the Gun Control Act of 1968.
States can't give you permission to do what the feds say you can't.

GeoW, I see you deleted your original comment, but I'll just chime in anyway.

People DO need to involve at least one FFL dealer (the one in the buyer's or transferee's state) when the seller/ transferor is a resident of a different state.
No state has the power to pass a law making this unnecessary, although states do have the power to ban interstate transfers not involving TWO federally licensed dealers, if they wish.

The law is a federal one-- the Gun Control Act of 1968.
States can't give you permission to do what the feds say you can't.

Correct.
Except for weed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom