• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of the way perfect gifts...

My Dad used to refer to folks putting "white gas" in older lanterns. He said it was only the 93 octane from Amoco (I think). We tried it in an older lantern we had and a newer multi-fuel lantern and neither ran well on it. Been using Coleman fuel exclusively since.

We've got some lanterns from 50-60s era that haven't been used in years. I'd like to get them returned to service one day. I always loved that hiss from the old lanterns. Sounds great on the riverbank at night.
AMEN!!

My pops passed recently, and today was the final day of cleaning out his home of 40 years... parents save some strange things and dad was no exception..
Here is one of those gifts he left me...
40 years later ... returned.

Attachments

• 20240403_202210.jpg
    20240403_202210.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240403_202413.jpg
    20240403_202413.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 48
I am taking the Colman to " as new" presentation and adding some brass bits for an over the top restomod!
Sorry for your loss. Yes, I've helped clean up a few estates. They do keep some strange things. But they'll say the same for us when we're gone.....

My pops passed recently, and today was the final day of cleaning out his home of 40 years... parents save some strange things and dad was no exception..
Here is one of those gifts he left me...
40 years later ... returned.
sorry 😢about your Pops.
Mine is getting toward the end of his row😿(perhaps i am too, only the Guy upstairs knows)My wife has that exact dresser, came from her granny.

Back
Top Bottom