• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of the way perfect gifts...

I still have one of those. Damn things were hard to keep lit. Pump up the pressure. Clean the ( what my called the carburetor ) generator, feed tube and replace the ( mantle ) sock filament and a host of other small parts.
You had to do all of that before you go camping or you find yourself doing surgery in front of the truck lights. LOL
If they're clean, have good gaskets, and have a good generator, they aren't hard to light or keep lit at all. I have a late '60s model an old fisherman gave me in the mid '70s. I rebuilt it and have never had to do anything to it other than oil the pump leather and keep mantels in it. Hasn't been burned in 5-6 years, but I can go downstairs, pump it up and it will fire right up and run all night.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

All I remember from camping trips was don’t bang it around .

Or you will break the mantle ,

Wonder what the guy that invented it was thinking ?

I’m gonna take this super flammable liquid and pump it up to a high pressure and inject it into this net thing and it’s gonna burn really bright .

Wonder how many times he lost his eyebrows before he figure out the exact amount or gas and pressure and net size ?
Once those things had been lit for a while those little mantles turned into Ash. And that's what that's how they remained as Ash until you changed him and then they were fiber but as soon as you turn them on again back to Ash. LOL

Once those things had been lit for a while those little mantles turned into Ash. And that's what that's how they remained as Ash until you changed him and then they were fiber but as soon as you turn them on again back to Ash. LOL
They're good to you break them. Have to be careful with them

Back
Top Bottom