• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Security Cams

Another Blink user. Had them for a year. 6 cameras. In two of the most traficced areas batteries last 4 to 6 months. Other 4 are still on original Energizer lithiums.
I have a very good router and also installed range extenders on opposite sides of the house.
Love them. Got different mounts for them than OEM. I think new OEM mounts are better than old.
PM me if you have questions.

Using Uniden. Basic setup is plug and play. Can support 4 cameras. Cameras have to be plugged in. Wireless and can be viewed through the phone .
I have 4 cameras setup and worked great for over 2 years. However, I have been having trouble with the night vision as the IR appears to be going out on the outside cameras.

I've been using numerous ReoLink cameras (wired and wireless) for 4 years now. VERY satisfied.
Some things to consider going wifi cam...bandwidth! I wanted easy software for settings, good night performance, Power Over Ethernet, and know who's watching my feed (security of the feed over the network).
NEST might as well be a prison camera given who has access to it. So if that doesn't bother you, they have a solid environment of hardware and software built to make adoption easy (and lull you to sleep)...
I run my cameras through a NAS on my network and have remote access outside the network, too.
ReoLink's software is good and they do offer a cloud service.

Back
Top Bottom