• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OUTDOOR STAIRS

I have a stack of old railroad ties and I need some stairs built up a hill behind my house. Anyone on here for hire???

Been there, done that (and several times, mind you) but probably not my best decisions. I used them because they were a cheap option at the time. Even though they were heavily creosoted, they still slowly rotted/decayed, and became a nuisance. I am in the process of removing several sets at my lakehouse now, plus a couple of sets that are 6x6 pressure treated, and will be replacing them with concrete retaining walls and steps. If you are not looking for a long-term solution, they are a cheap option to something more permanent.

Just my two cents worth (with forty plus years of having been there, done that, and just a few of my regrets).

Been there, done that (and several times, mind you) but probably not my best decisions. I used them because they were a cheap option at the time. Even though they were heavily creosoted, they still slowly rotted/decayed, and became a nuisance. I am in the process of removing several sets at my lakehouse now, plus a couple of sets that are 6x6 pressure treated, and will be replacing them with concrete retaining walls and steps. If you are not looking for a long-term solution, they are a cheap option to something more permanent.

Just my two cents worth (with forty plus years of having been there, done that, and just a few of my regrets).

Thanks for the insight.

Back
Top Bottom