Over-Priced AKs, ARs, Mini 14s, and SKSs...Not a Rant, Just a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what all the fuss is about....I think it is FOOLISH to ask the mods to do any more work that what they do now by acting as Thread Police...

to me, I think it will all work out....if the guy wants to list his SKS for $950 I don't see why ANYONE else would care...if someone wants to buy it, so be it.....

ITS A FREE MARKET boys and be glad it is....Times like this FAVOR THE PREPARED and while others are panic buying I can sit back and watch (for the most part)...

At some point, the market may support a $950 SKS....can't blame a guy for trying (although I thought it was flat, freaking NUTS) but I have seen the same thing happen with the highly regarded, and oft-overpriced ODT special edition lowers, OD Glocks, an obviously AR's, AK's, and now apparently SKS's too....

When ad after ad goes with out comment....they will get the point....and either:
A) Lower the price

or

B) LEAVE THE ODT and keep their cherished heirloom.

Why would we want more rules on here.......are we trying to turn into a GOVERNMENT. Shouldn't anyone have the FREEDOM (like in this is AMERICA) to put any price they want on their item. The regulars on here know its a stupid price so lets laugh about it, point it out, make fun of it, talk about it, but why in the name of individual rights would we want to REGULATE it!

I don't see what all the fuss is about....I think it is FOOLISH to ask the mods to do any more work that what they do now by acting as Thread Police...

to me, I think it will all work out....if the guy wants to list his SKS for $950 I don't see why ANYONE else would care...if someone wants to buy it, so be it.....

ITS A FREE MARKET boys and be glad it is....Times like this FAVOR THE PREPARED and while others are panic buying I can sit back and watch (for the most part)...

At some point, the market may support a $950 SKS....can't blame a guy for trying (although I thought it was flat, freaking NUTS) but I have seen the same thing happen with the highly regarded, and oft-overpriced ODT special edition lowers, OD Glocks, an obviously AR's, AK's, and now apparently SKS's too....

When ad after ad goes with out comment....they will get the point....and either:
A) Lower the price

or

B) LEAVE THE ODT and keep their cherished heirloom.

This!

No wonder our lives are so damn overregulated. Even on a firearms for sale forum, which should be the very essence of freedom, people want to overregulate it. Take a deep breath, step away from the computer, and go hug a family member. Or better yet spend that energy contacting your congressman to encourage them to support your rights.

How about we start a commission on prices and those guys can decide how much a member can ask?

A low price may make me a buyer when I did not think I wanted an item. For example, a friend sold a Colt AR a year ago for $500 and I was a minute too late on that deal. The point is, I did not sign on that day looking for a Colt Sporter, but at that price I NEEDED it.

I have items that I don't necessarily want to sell but if the market will bring $2,000 for a firearm I have $500 invested, I might just sell.

HAHA, I'll be on the commission if I get a cut of the take :)

I agree, the rules as stated are enough... the mods do enough as it is and the last thing we need is to make it harder to sell / buy / trade. The government is doing enough of that for us ;)

How about we start a commission on prices and those guys can decide how much a member can ask?

A low price may make me a buyer when I did not think I wanted an item. For example, a friend sold a Colt AR a year ago for $500 and I was a minute too late on that deal. The point is, I did not sign on that day looking for a Colt Sporter, but at that price I NEEDED it.

I have items that I don't necessarily want to sell but if the market will bring $2,000 for a firearm I have $500 invested, I might just sell.

You were being sarcastic with the commission idea Capt? right...

I have had three comments deleted recently for legit questions.

like a guy was asking 400 for stripped spikes lowerS.
I simply asked how many lowers were included for the 400 and how much he would sell the for separately.

My comment got deleted, turned out the guy wanted 400 for ONE (80 dollar) lower.

In my opinion this will die down after Obama does his Executive Order expanding the requirements for background checks. He might also try an executive order on the size of magazines but I am not sure it would stand up in court. So then the price of the guns themselves should normalize. If he does something with the magazine capacity, it may be a while until we see Pmag prices normalize but hopefully a court will strike it down. Then if you live in Ill. NY Mass or CA you will need to watch out for state laws. For us in Georgia, we have about 2 weeks until everything settles, just in time for new inventories to hit as they clear backorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom