Over-Priced AKs, ARs, Mini 14s, and SKSs...Not a Rant, Just a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerkyBird

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
5   0
Reaction score
$1500 WASRs. $2000 M&P15s. $1200 Mini 14s. $500 SKSs. (Even have seen one for $950!!!)

The classifieds are littered with the above items in one form or another. I'm a believer that people can ask whatever they want for their possessions. It's a free country (for now) and a free market. I think it's absolutely ridiculous, but if I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. My question, however, is are they actually selling? Now I know many sheeple ran to the LGS and bought overpriced ARs and AKs in the SHES aftermath, but we are of a different ilk here on the ODT. I'd like to think so, anyway. Despite the pure inundation of high-priced ads in the classifieds, I haven't seen many SPFs or SPMs or SOLDs. Just curious.

I don't think they are really selling on here. Most of us on here are not stupid to prices but it sure is entertaining to see someone asking $800 for a SKS lol

I don't think they are really selling on here. Most of us on here are not stupid to prices but it sure is entertaining to see someone asking $800 for a SKS lol

There's one for sale now. Brand new member and his VERY FIRST POST is to list a SKS that he can't answer ANY questions about (even the country of origin) for $950!!! I think we should have a minimum post count before you can sell something to avoid that kind of crap.

There's one for sale now. Brand new member and his VERY FIRST POST is to list a SKS that he can't answer ANY questions about (even the country of origin) for $950!!! I think we should have a minimum post count before you can sell something to avoid that kind of crap.
Minimum post count isn't going to fix ignorance ..... Just sayin

AR's and AK's, yes. 99% of them in the last month or so have sold over $1300 here, and ones listed at $900-1299 have sold instantaneously. I've seen some go within 20-30 minutes of being posted.
sks' - no, I don't think so.
as far as mini 14s go, I'm totally unsure on that one.

LOL I'm not going to comment on adds after I got an infraction the other day but I would love to leave my smart ass comments on their page :)

Minimum post count isn't going to fix ignorance ..... Just sayin

I agree and some of the craziness is from members that have been around for awhile... although, they at least know their specs :)

I wouldn't add any additional "rules" to the site, IMHO, the madness will drop off when everyone starts to calm down.

I listed my norinco sks for a grand. The post was kInda a joke but I will sell for that much. My thread got deleted, but I found it just as legitimate as the asshat asking 950. Something needs to be done honestly, either find a way to filter the stupid high priced adds or allow me to list all my guns at double what they are worth, cause I would sell them then

AR's and AK's, yes. 99% of them in the last month or so have sold over $1300 here, and ones listed at $900-1299 have sold instantaneously. I've seen some go within 20-30 minutes of being posted. sks' - no, I don't think so. as far as mini 14s go, I'm totally unsure on that one.
um.... if that's true the new cash price for the AK i have listed is $900. any takers .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom