• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

P.C. Bullets

ga6693

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Anyone else shooting these?

IMGP0929.jpg

So no one has tried powder coat paint for cast lead bullets? Initial results look very promising. Eliminates barrel leading and the need for lube on cast bullets. Very simple process that basically gives lead bullets the advantages of metal jacketed. Anyone?

Haven't even heard of it till now. I do a lot of casting...looks like something I can get into. I would just need to know how to p.c. Them.

There are several ways of doing powder coating. Some use an electrostatic gun but I use the cheap method with Tupperware type plastic bowl. Basically put bullets in with powdercoat paint from Harbor freight, swirl until coated and heat in small oven for 20 minutes or so. Size bullets as usual and load. Very detailed procedure on the cast boolits forum. So far they perform much like jacketed bullets which as you know is a huge benefit with the lack of jacketed bullets on the market. And I really like the no barrel leading.

Call me crazy, but I'm fairly certain spray paint won't stay on a bullet sliding down a barrel. It won't even stay on a shovel.

Some of the guys on cast boolits are getting good results with various epoxy type paints but I have not tried it yet. Lots of info on Youtube if you search for powder coat bullets. Some videos use paint . You will be surprised at the durability. Most will flatten a bullet with a hammer and both the paint and powder coat stay on without chipping or stripping. I know it sounds odd but this stuff really works.

Back
Top Bottom