• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto State PA10 (AR-10) 308 Rifle.

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to shoot my new Palmetto State PA10.
When I received the gun I went through it and made sure to take it apart and lubricate it up as I reassembled it.
I put a Nikon P-223 scope on it and hoped it would hold up to .308 being fired.
I shot 100 rounds through it today and not one single Hiccup of any kind was noticed.
I shot at 100 yards today after using 5 rounds to sight in scope at 50 yards.
This rifle to my surprise was a joy to shoot and was very accurate.
I shot the first 5 shots and cleaned the barrel after each of the first 5 shots (While sighting in scope).
after that I moved to 100 yards and was shooting from a sitting position resting on Blocks with carpet on them, see my 100 yard target pictured below.
I was using monarch 308 ammo for this session (Cheap stuff).
The trigger was standard AR-15 style milspec set and performed well (I did stone the surfaces on the Hammer and Trigger, like I always do).
The trigger broke clean with slight over travel and the reset was quick.
As you can see this rifle Shot well (YMMV) and I am stoked to have this weapon in my arsenal.

I bought the Upper and Lower separate from each other and paid for each while they were on sale:

Upper:
PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength Nitride .308 WIN 1:10 Upper With BCG and Charging Handle - 516445313
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $320.99

Lower:
PSA GEN2 PA10 .308 Complete Classic Lower Receiver - 77932912 (Transferred through Cherokee Gun and Pawn)
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $169.59

10 Round P-Mag (Incl.Tax) $19.07 (Cherokee Gun and Pawn)

Total for the rifle: $509.65 (not bad for a 308 AR)

Target at 100 Yards:
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I bought the same set up except mine is stainless. shot it for the first time on Saturday and it did really well. A bit more kick than I expected but it is a 308 I suppose. Great gun for ~$500

I changed out the gas block to an adjustable one and changed out the handguard to a MOE on mine. I got the MOE enhanced lower, so $20 more on front end. With the adjustable gas block turned down to run suppressed and still function unsuppressed, it shoots like you would expect an AR10 to. These are not 223's, so they are going to have some thump when you pull the trigger.

Badass. I got the same upper with an EPT magpul lower. It was a little surprising how big the rifle actually is compared to an AR15.
Definitely was my impulse buy of the season, but too good of a deal to say no to.

Good, encouraging reviews. I purchased a similar PSA AR10 setup (MOE EPT lower with 18" mid-length and 15" Mlok upper) but haven't fired it yet. With these low prices, have been stocking up, and I am many weeks behind in sighting in the new toys!

Did one similar a couple of weeks ago, myself, while both of these were on sale, and with free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...08-lower-with-over-molded-grip-516446217.html
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...r-with-bcg-and-charging-handle-516445344.html

The lower sale price was $199.99, and the upper was $299.99. I have an FFL who does free transfers, so with tax it came up to $536.
I added a MOE grip, a mid-length MOE M-Lok handguard, and a Yankee Hill BUIS I already had to it, and got great deals for some P-mags and ammo here on ODT.
I've already got a 3-9x40 Nikon I'm thinking of putting on it, too.
No range report yet, but it's a pretty nice $600 dollar or so AR-10.

Back
Top Bottom