• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paracord Sling made by fellow member

Feels great with the light weight 10/22

I am glad you noted that. I am sure a 1'' sling is fine for a 10/22 but does he make wider slings for the heavier guns? Also while it doesn't look like it was the center removed from the paracord to make this or is it still intact?

I have made a bunch of these for myself and some friends. You can make them wider but it makes
the web strech out more. For me it is ok because I do mine in a 2 or 3 color pattern so it is reversible
and you see multiple colors. How wide and what base is used determines how much but I am guessing
he used 2-300' of cord. I don't take the center out of mine when I make it because it creates an oval
shape sling if left in and once done and is very comfortable on the shoulder.

I am glad you noted that. I am sure a 1'' sling is fine for a 10/22 but does he make wider slings for the heavier guns? Also while it doesn't look like it was the center removed from the paracord to make this or is it still intact?
You will need to get with him on how wide he makes them.
Yes, The center is still in the cord.

Generally as a rule, figure 1 foot of cord to each inch of finished knotting. That is for a bracelet. Take a second layer on top of the 1st and you are well into 2 feet per inch easily. 30 inch sling would be about 100-150 feet of cord when finished I'm guessing.

Back
Top Bottom