• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paulding county

813diablo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
What’s the rut looking like in paulding county? Anyone seen chasing? They signs I saw in early October are dried up, wondering if the rut has come and gone over here.

I saw a buck chasing a doe last week across highway 61. I was going to hunt the WMA, but they started setting up camps aleady, starting Sun. I expect a huge crowd. I had a belly full of people on Beaverdam last week. Can`t get away from them there, any more. I`m going to hunt private land.

I saw a buck chasing a doe last week across highway 61. I was going to hunt the WMA, but they started setting up camps aleady, starting Sun. I expect a huge crowd. I had a belly full of people on Beaverdam last week. Can`t get away from them there, any more. I`m going to hunt private land.
It’s 30k acres of mostly high country so I’m sure the few spots that are flat will be full of hunters. I’ll just have to work a little hard to get away from everyone.

Paulding Forest has some areas where you can go deep, try to find one of these areas and pray for the best. The average WMA hunter hunts what “looks good” and is easily accessible..... places where they want the deer to be, not where the deer want to be.
By Saturday, I’d be in the thickest, nastiest crap you can find and stay put.

Paulding Forest has some areas where you can go deep, try to find one of these areas and pray for the best. The average WMA hunter hunts what “looks good” and is easily accessible..... places where they want the deer to be, not where the deer want to be.
By Saturday, I’d be in the thickest, nastiest crap you can find and stay put.
I have hunted PF for 50 years. I`ve killed a ton of deer there. Many nice bucks.I hunted it as Paulding Sportsman`s Club way before the state took it over. I still hunt thickets, the worst-looking places, etc. I usually take 2 good bucks on the Nov. hunt. Being 74 years old, I can`t drag them like I used to, so I don`t hunt way "back there" like I used to. I know the area as good as anybody, but now you can get walked on no matter how far or how thick you go.

I saw more vehicles parked on the highway this morning than I ever have on a weekday hunt here before. I definitely felt a little less bad about having to drive on through and in to work. I am almost curious how many were up in Braswell.

Back
Top Bottom