• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Peeing from your stand

Ok so I’ve been experimenting with this for about 12-15yrs now. I’ve yet to spoke a deer because of peeing from my stand. I’ve even pee’d in a scrape and it not spoke the deer. I’ve read a lot of articles on this also and EVERYTHING pee’s in the woods.
what do you guys do?
Me as a matter of fact the one i got Friday morning was after peeing the evening before out of the same tree

In my younger years I had a friend on the same lease who enjoyed beverages while in the stand. He put a funnel connected to a garden hose to the base of the tree and into a buried gallon container with holes in the bottom so any liquid could eventually drain. Never need such a thing myself but I thought it was pretty inventive.

I use to always bottle but after years of watching deers reaction I actually attempt to go in shooting lane on way to the stand. It never has spooked a deer and pauses them for a moment to smell allowing to size up or shoot.
When letting it fly from stand I aim for another tree to quietly run down or a clear spot I've kicked leaves away to avoid noise. The movement and noise are the negatives of tree pee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In my younger years I had a friend on the same lease who enjoyed beverages while in the stand. He put a funnel connected to a garden hose to the base of the tree and into a buried gallon container with holes in the bottom so any liquid could eventually drain. Never need such a thing myself but I thought it was pretty inventive.
I like to hear the extent that folks are willing to go to fix or make things better for them a mini septic lol

I’ve always peed out of the stand. Also started peeing in scrapes after taking that advice from older hunters whose been around a while. I’ve got pictures of plenty bucks and does within hours of me peeing in a scape coming back to check it

Back
Top Bottom