• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen Ladder Stand

You can no longer be polite,lock there ass up it took about 2 years and 5 arrest for the surrounding neighbors to realize it was no joke.
Issue everyone with permission a card to keep handy get law enforcement to arrest, and follow thru pressing trespassing charges.it will get ugly before it gets better good luck

It’s been pretty eye opening. We bought a horse farm and a few houses, some that were down right rough. Within a few weeks there wasn’t an air conditioner left. Within a few months, almost every house had been stripped of wiring, plumbing, and anything of value. People have dumped truckloads of what I can only determine is foam insulation from who knows what.

What’s bad is it’s no different than my development downtown. People have taken just about everything they can and then have dumped garbage there. It never ceases to amaze me.
That's truly messed up .

People steal everything they can ( as you stated ) .

I'm a scrapper & have never stolen or cut wire from a structure but have left business cards at soon to be leveled houses + I like to metal detect Pre 1964 Homes & also scout woodlands .

Man ! the stuff I could have stolen but I'm glad I have a conscience & put myself in the 'other persons place ' .

It's hard to find scrap wire & Brass these days but I still manage to make $ to add to my SSA Disability .

GL on your property & future projects .

We’ve had our fair share with poachers on our place.
We take everything we find and leave a note on the tree in a jip lock bag to call us if they want there stuff back.
A bunch of these idiots have actually called us wanting their stuff so we meet them with Mr. Green jeans in tow.
They know there trespassing and if they’re stupid enough to call me for there stuff then there going to pay for it.
Love the look on their faces

I’ve been stewing on it all day, but I’m not going to back down. The guys are installing the fence at the first of the year. I’ll hunt a ground blind with the boys for the rest of the season. I’m going to make a path along the perimeter fence wide enough for a SXS, block all the egress points, and put up some more cameras.

I’ve already met with the game warden. He sent me paperwork to fill out for the names of people that are authorized to hunt. I’ll spend the off season planting some small food plots and building a couple shoot houses.

I’m not that crazy about deer hunting, but the boys are too young to go bird hunting with me yet. They love going and sitting in the woods with Dad, and that’s what I want.

We’re going to make it happen here until I can save up enough for a plot of our own. Or, until we expand our land bank to somewhere better. My 10 year old was giddy this morning at 5:30 am after seeing deer last time out. Wanted to know if he could keep the hide in his room if we shot one today.

I’m going to make that happen if I have to get us a guided hunt somewhere stupid.

I’ve been stewing on it all day, but I’m not going to back down. The guys are installing the fence at the first of the year. I’ll hunt a ground blind with the boys for the rest of the season. I’m going to make a path along the perimeter fence wide enough for a SXS, block all the egress points, and put up some more cameras.

I’ve already met with the game warden. He sent me paperwork to fill out for the names of people that are authorized to hunt. I’ll spend the off season planting some small food plots and building a couple shoot houses.

I’m not that crazy about deer hunting, but the boys are too young to go bird hunting with me yet. They love going and sitting in the woods with Dad, and that’s what I want.

We’re going to make it happen here until I can save up enough for a plot of our own. Or, until we expand our land bank to somewhere better. My 10 year old was giddy this morning at 5:30 am after seeing deer last time out. Wanted to know if he could keep the hide in his room if we shot one today.

I’m going to make that happen if I have to get us a guided hunt somewhere stupid.
You an awesome Dad and you are going to make so many good memories. Sorry about the theft ,
have a Great Christmas.

My 10 year old son asked if we could go hunting this morning, so I woke him up at 5a and we headed down to try our luck. Got there before light and walked in carefully only to find someone has taken our two person ladder stand. Of course, I left the ground blind at home since we were going to hunt the ladder stand. It was pretty disheartening to have to explain to him that it was stolen, but we got some Chick-fil-A on the way home and he was better.

While he is better, I am pretty pissed. My company has owned the land for quite some time and recently purchased more. Many of the locals have just gotten used to no one caring that they were trespassing and hunting the land. I guess they figure it was theirs by proximity. We have had a lot of theft and dumping, so I am fencing in the entire 375 acres.

One grouchy old jackass in particular is pissed that my development is messing up his hunting. Even though, his stands all sit close to the property line facing our land. I have tried to be understanding and make sure I don’t cut people off from their access to areas they may hunt. I even left the road, that we own, in tact, and routed my new fence to leave access on parts of old power easements I have had removed.

After this morning, I am reconsidering my care for the community surrounding. We have tracts that are on the other side of the river I have left alone, most probably don’t even know we own it. I know they are hunting it, I have seen their stands on the power line. I obviously need a replacement…
People are trash. Hate this for your youngun.

Back
Top Bottom