• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pellet Grills

I love my Rectec and use it often. 40# of pellets will cook about 35 or so hours, so set it and forget it for most stuff. Mine stays with in 3 degrees of where it is normally set. It also still works in the rain.

Another vote for RecTec! Great smoker/grill and great customer services. Have several friends with BGEs and it seem to have a learning curve.

The new rectec wifi controller is a game changer-can monitor or change temps from anywhere you have cell service.

I have a traeger and it’s pretty legit. Easy to use, great flavor. Easy to change pellets. Easy to clean.

I've been looking at the pellet grills for a while now.

My only hang up is the changing of pellets or cleaning of pellet hopper, both require an emptying of the hopper and I've seen few that offer an easy way to do so. Anyone know of a pellet grill that has a hopper that's easy to empty, an auger that can be ran to empty itself?
A friend of mine told me he forgot to cover his pellet grill before a rain and the pellets swelled up then dried out locking up the auger with no way to disassemble and clean out.
I know this is poor maintenance and possibly poor pellet brand, but I do stupid stuff all the time also, so what say you ODT?

I've been looking at the pellet grills for a while now.

My only hang up is the changing of pellets or cleaning of pellet hopper, both require an emptying of the hopper and I've seen few that offer an easy way to do so. Anyone know of a pellet grill that has a hopper that's easy to empty, an auger that can be ran to empty itself?
A friend of mine told me he forgot to cover his pellet grill before a rain and the pellets swelled up then dried out locking up the auger with no way to disassemble and clean out.
I know this is poor maintenance and possibly poor pellet brand, but I do stupid stuff all the time also, so what say you ODT?

Mine has a plate on the back of the hopper that comes off and empties the hopper into a bucket. 15 second job. Change your pellets. Nothing to it

Good to know. I can pick up a Traeger locally and they have a good reputation.
Thanks
IF you buy direct from Treager they will include lots of extras and be a upgraded model to what you can buy retail. Extras include cover, 2 bags of pellets, rub, cook book, ect....

My friend switched to one of them over his green egg because he likes that whole 'set and forget' aspect. He likes the taste better but he often compains about having to empty out the pellets eavh time he wants to change smoke flavor.

I decided to stay with the bge myself, it tastes so much better to me. I do much more 12-16 hour 'low and slow' cooks than anything else

View attachment 1698118 View attachment 1698119
Mine is over 30yrs old and made of clay..I have rebuilt it multiple times and has always been great..Bad part is that being clay if it reaches 300 plus degrees it will crack..I built the table from left over decking material just after finally setting up the Kamato. Damn thing weighs a ton had to roll it on the deck to position it 17 years ago...
Green egg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom