• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pepper plants

patriot15joe

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Always enjoy gardening and growing ornamental plants, specifically hydrangeas. This year I decided to try and grow hot pepper plants. Today the habanero, ghost, and Carolina reapers popped up. From what I read, they are supposed to be tuff to get to germinate. I placed the seeds in the fridge for 3 days, then soaked them in black tea for 30 minutes before planting on a heat pad. After 6 days, I have pretty good germination.

Attachments

• E5204BAE-A770-4787-962C-CF26810C8576.jpeg
    E5204BAE-A770-4787-962C-CF26810C8576.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 17
Have fun with the peppers it can be addictive to grow them, I usually try several different kinds also last year I grew some Brazilian starfish peppers a great tasting and fun to grow pepper. Also did a mad hatter also a good tasting one not super hot, I gave away a bunch to friends but had to show them they were not to not to eat ( most of them didn't believe me and I had to eat one in front to them) but they are fun to grow. don't be afraid to try different fertilizers to see which works best for you. happy peppering.

I'm growing sweet potato slips on aluminum pans with about an inch of soil atop a heating mat. This is the fourth year doing this method as the slips root in the soil while being nourished by the potato. These were started in mid-January. I have to water the trays each day because the mat and the home's low humidity will dry out the soil. I am planning for 200 slips this year which I will plant into peat pots so there's no transplant shock when planted in late April. The potatoes on average will send out roots within the first two weeks followed by purple shoots during the third and fourth weeks.

Sweet Potatoe Slip Cultivation.jpg

Back
Top Bottom