• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pet 7mm Rem Mag loads

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Does anyone load this round and if so what are some of your pet loadings, or at least favorite powder/bullet combos.

Thanks it's not for me but a NG.

Hodgdon 4831 is best, but causes premature throat erosion and cracking. A cooler burning single base powder such as Vihtovori 160 or 165 may be better for long term. Some say Winchester ball powder burns cooler also? Do not let the barrel get too hot...fire three shot groups then let it cool down in between groups. Barrel life is short in HOT magnum rifles if care is not taken. Oh yea...my 7 mag likes Nosler ballistic tips

Anyone want to buy a Remington Sendero in 7mm Rem Magnum?

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I never crossed into the 7mm Rem Mag arena but was duly impressed with the powerful flat shooting cartridge. Reloading for it seems a necessity after having ammo sticker shock at Wal-Mart.

Using Sierra 160 gr. spitzer boat tails and 59 gr. of IMR 4831, I can shot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds. Velocity should be around 2850 per the Sierra manual.

h4831 all day long

been a favorite for years on the 7mag..

if you have acces to Ken Waters pet loads, you find his pet load for the 7mag and 4831 an excellant combo

I have 2 awesome loads for my 7mm Rem mag.

#1- 140gr Barnes TTSX over 66gr of RL22 at 3107 fps (chronoed). I get 3 shot groups of .485 in at 100 yards. Not listing COAL due to this load being specific for only my rifle. This is my secondary deer load but first choice if hogs might be on the hit list.

#2- 140gr Berger H-VLD over 57.5 gr of IMR 4064 chronoed at 3200 fps. This load is 1/4 MOA all the way out at Gunsite Hills and is my primary deer load.

Back
Top Bottom