• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pic of 2020 Colt Python

It won’t be the same IMO

Colt brand is mostly just a name now

I will still stick with buying the older quality built Pythons with the amazing finishes. To the true Colt "collectors", there will never be another to replace the original. Over the past 6 months I asked a lot of opinions of fellow Colt Python "collectors" all around the US and not one felt the new Python would have any negative effect on the value and collectability of the older original but of course everyone has their own opinion and needs. Either way I love all of mine. :cool:

I own an original python. What makes it so valuable is that silky smooth action on its rarity. As far as revolvers go though any S&W is a better shooting gun.

I wouldn’t be interested in a new production python at much more than 400 dollars.
I can tell you as a fact the new King Cobra's I have are just as smooth as the old ones and a lot smoother than any of my Smith's that are original action.

LT5150 said:
The price tag of a 2020 Camaro ain't driving
down the price of a 69 Camaro
I get it....Camaros...driving down prices....:car:
Keep in mind that only things common to 1969
and 2020 Camaro are the name and round tires.
Old & New Pythons more alike than different.

Look at the market for Smith & Wesson 610 10mm revolver models. Now that Smith re-introduced after discontinuing twice, have the new models brought down the older, non IL 610 versions?

GoNoGo said:
I’ll take lowest-priced 2020 mid-engine Corvette over any
previous generation one.. mint and rare variants excluded
Like the previously mentioned Camaro, only things mid-engine
Vette and previous generations share are the name and round tires.

Guess gun & car analogies have some merit. Good idea
not to stand in front of either when their motor is running.

Back
Top Bottom