Pics of my new 80s era S&W revolvers (models 27-2 and 58)

Nate

Default rank 5000+ posts
GET TO DA CHOPPA!
286   0
Reaction score
I recently traded for 2 smiths.
1) model 58 with box
2) model 27-2 (no box)
I don't know much about these guns but I love them already! Hi have owned a few 629 series and always love them as well.
They are in beautiful condition! I would conservatively say 95%. The model 58 box isn't perfect but all the original paperwork including receipt came with it. What $ value would you put on them? How collectible are these pistols? I usually don't keep much stuff I don't want to shoot and these are in such great condition. I will only keep them if they are the type I should throw in the safe for 20 or 30 years.

Model 58 (41mag)
i40.tinypic.com_29z525f.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_244zn6q.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_kccz9v.jpg

Model 27-2

i40.tinypic.com_5mwk5u.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_2v9oi9d.jpg

Last edited:
You've got a pair of really nice revolvers there!! Back in my younger day, when I was into carrying heavy iron, I had a 5" Model 27 .357 and a 6" Model 57 .41 magnum. The M-27 would eat heavy .357 loads all day long and spit them out into very small groupings, if I did my part. The M-57 was "the most accurate handgun I have ever owned"! I reloaded back then and I could not find a bullet and powder combination that this gun would not shoot well!! Factory loads, same thing.

Too bad, those days are gone and so are those guns. Being a die hard horse trader does have it's down side. While I got to try out a bunch of different guns over the years; I have a long and distinguished list of guns that I wish I still had!!!

Enjoy your new Smiths!! Don't make safe queens out of them. Shoot the hell out of them and enjoy it!!! Be safe. Shoot a cylinder full for this fat old man!!

They're junk ! I'll take me off your hands for ya ! J/K. ..... These are a couple very nice Smiths....shoot them, enjoy them, that's what they're made for !

Haha, great info guys! I'm gonna shoot them But I will do it very carefully. I will use some of my other guns for actual "use".

Back
Top Bottom