Pics suck, but still gotta show it off...

36fatfriends

Default rank <2500 posts
I Will Cut You
62   0
Reaction score
Sorry for the photos. I finished this one very very late last night and it had to leave my possession before the sun came up today so the photos were taken inside.

Anyway, specs are the traditional Goomba 3/16" 01 tool blah blah, this one is wearing Massaranduba wood scales with red liners.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Does the secret code on the side mean 2015 and 22nd knife this year? What machine are you etching with? I REALLY need to get a logo or mark and start claiming my blades...

Does the secret code on the side mean 2015 and 22nd knife this year? What machine are you etching with? I REALLY need to get a logo or mark and start claiming my blades...

That's correct. I had ordered stencils and used a car battery charger to etch with salt water but I just bought the Etch-o-matic and make my own stencils and etch with it. I love it. It can etch in DC to give depth to the etch and then AC to blacken it. Making your own stencils is super easy too. The starter package I bought wasn't cheap. But I think it's worth it in the long run. Especially for customers that want custom engraving. I spent just shy of $400 on it.

Thanks, I'm leaning towards making my own too so I can mark the type of steel or etch other things that might be limited use. The etch-o-matic was the one I am considering the most.

Back
Top Bottom