• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting knife find, Nazi/ SS- what's it worth?

diacnik

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
John 14:6
85   0
Reaction score
I am not a knife expert but found this interesting. I assume it is a reproduction but want to see what you guys think of it.

Attachments

• 20231127_170628.jpg
    20231127_170628.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20231127_170648.jpg
    20231127_170648.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20231127_170814.jpg
    20231127_170814.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20231127_170728.jpg
    20231127_170728.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 61
“Drittes Reich“ translates Third Reich. No even a reproduction of a real Nazi knife but a cheapo gimmick sold to Nazi wannabes. Let me clarify. I was NOT saying D diacnik the OP is a Nazi only that I think the knife maker‘s intended buyer would be someone that collects Nazi items.

“Drittes Reich“ translates Third Reich. No even a reproduction of a real Nazi knife but a cheapo gimmick sold to Nazi wanna be.
Maybe so - but I got it in a box of knives - didn't know it was there. Looks like an "Adolf Hitler" signature on the blade. Anyone ever seen one of these?

I'm surprised something like that is still made today.

Maybe so - but I got it in a box of knives - didn't know it was there. Looks like an "Adolf Hitler" signature on the blade. Anyone ever seen one of these?
There is a large market in Eastern Europe that sells Nazi, Third Reich items on Ebay. They usually cover up the SS runes and Swastika and some try to push them off as original. I’ve also seen similar knives at Gun Shows.

I added the statement below to my original post.

Let me clarify. I was NOT saying D diacnik the OP is a Nazi only that I think the knife maker‘s intended buyer would be someone that collects Nazi items.

Not a Nazi collector but when I got an engraved Nazi bayonet in a box of stuff I didn't turn it down. Not sure how many German soldiers got one; google translation is something like "For Your Service" Sounds like not many survived to earn one.

“Drittes Reich“ translates Third Reich. No even a reproduction of a real Nazi knife but a cheapo gimmick sold to Nazi wannabes. Let me clarify. I was NOT saying D diacnik the OP is a Nazi only that I think the knife maker‘s intended buyer would be someone that collects Nazi items.
The NAZI judenhassers are in the "Israel at War" thread.

Not a Nazi collector but when I got an engraved Nazi bayonet in a box of stuff I didn't turn it down. Not sure how many German soldiers got one; google translation is something like "For Your Service" Sounds like not many survived to earn one.
I have no problem with people collecting ANY historical items be them Nazi, USSR (Soviet), WW2 Japanese, Confederate etc.As a matter of fact, I‘m glad they do to preserve the history they represent. You don’t have to agree with the ideology it represents but to destroy it or ban is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom