Pin & Weld AR-15 Pencil Barrel

Atlanta777

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
I have a 14.5 pencil barrel I want to permanently attach a brake to and I wanted some advice on this. Never did something like this before. Looking to use something from AAC.

Some of this may sound obvious, but make sure you know which brake you want to use bc you don't want to have to remove it later bc you decide to use a different one...which brings me to point number 2...the not-so-obvious...make sure you have the rail you want on the gun. If you decide to change the rail later on, you may not be able to change the barrel nut bc of the pinned brake. I ran into this issue with my pinned 14.5" when I wanted to use a DD rail. No dice.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with suppressors but some people will pick a certain brake or flash hider to use as a sacrificial baffle to help save wear and tear on the supressor...maybe someone with more experience can chime in on this...I get the impression you're wanting to run suppressed?

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Some of this may sound obvious, but make sure you know which brake you want to use bc you don't want to have to remove it later bc you decide to use a different one...which brings me to point number 2...the not-so-obvious...make sure you have the rail you want on the gun. If you decide to change the rail later on, you may not be able to change the barrel nut bc of the pinned brake. I ran into this issue with my pinned 14.5" when I wanted to use a DD rail. No dice.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with suppressors but some people will pick a certain brake or flash hider to use as a sacrificial baffle to help save wear and tear on the supressor...maybe someone with more experience can chime in on this...I get the impression you're wanting to run suppressed?

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Yes want the option to use a silencer so I am not worried about changing that aspect of it later on. I also am not worried about having to switch it up later on for new furniture modifications, it will be fine with the parts I have to assemble it with. Still appreciate you bringing up the fact you might be stuck with what you start with. I have other ARs I can play LEGOs with if I am bored.

My head hurts hearing that a pencil barrel is about to get a break pinned on it, but then I like stippled Glocks sooooooo.
My advice is something you're probably already planning to do, but try and make sure a good smith does it so the pin and weld is smooth.

Back
Top Bottom