• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pinned 10.5" upper?

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
Anybody run a suppressor pinned to a 10.5" upper? Any upsides or downsides to it? I'm thinking about it and was curious if anybody had experience. Can is a Dobbs ARC223.

Gasssssssy. I’ve cut some of the gas down by sealing the charging handle and buying a Gemtech Bolt Carrier. I’m still thinking about an adjustable gas block or a new barrel with a smaller gas port.

Edit. Reading is a fundamental skill I missed. I’d never pin a suppressor, unless a had several to spare.

short barrel 5.56 guns do not stop vehicle drivers. or penetrate through any barrier at all really. someone would have cover from you behind a fence post.
-if the 5.56 is not moving close to 3000fps, it's basically just a reliable 10/22.
-you will still need hearing protection because the sonic boom is still loud as ****.
-if you want short and quiet, you should just use pistol rounds. 147g 9mm bonded will work better than 5.56.

I have witnessed a lot of combat with m4's. if dudes out in the open and you tag them anywhere, they basically go down. problem is when it gets loud, everyone takes cover. you need to punch through sometimes. mostly vehicles. low velocity 5.56 just doesn't get the job done. high velocity 5.56 is better.

Dont pin a suppressor. You dont plan on using it on anything else?? Buy a brace or sbr it. Yeah it will be super gassy.
I have no use for this can other than on an AR. As to SBR, I have three already and am really trying to make this a hassle free travel gun. No interest in braces.

68CED848-D4FC-4CF0-A7BA-F661BC555A79.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom