• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pistols to be reclassified as AOWs per military arms channel FB page

It doesn't seem that complicated. There are laws set down and people tasked with enforcing them.

People work hard to circumnavigate those laws and push and push the boundary. Why they start whining when the enforcement agency gets fed up with being s******ed at and bites back escapes me.

I'm not arguing for or against any of the laws, just stating the obvious.

Anyone with an older sibling remembers needling them until they snapped back, just the same thing.

People thinking trump is gonna reign in the ATF from making dumb decisions defining guns as nfa items that they previously said wasn't are the ones with TDS.
If someone sat down and explained braces to trump, and how they are just away around existing law, trump would have them banned faster than you can bump fire a 30 round mag.

Yeah cool but not something I said. Of course you've been going on about how I was triggered and interrupted your bump stock discussion, when it fact it was you who started this conversation yesterday replying to me so I can see how you might think that... :pound:

I am simply responding to this one issue as it stands now and with what we know.

It doesn't seem that complicated. There are laws set down and people tasked with enforcing them.

People work hard to circumnavigate those laws and push and push the boundary. Why they start whining when the enforcement agency gets fed up with being s******ed at and bites back escapes me.

I'm not arguing for or against any of the laws, just stating the obvious.

Anyone with an older sibling remembers needling them until they snapped back, just the same thing.

Well setting aside that the laws are Unconstitutional, that's still not the issue. You have unelected, corrupt, and Unconstitutional government bureaucracies making up and writing their own laws. At the end of the day with all the issues with our government, they are the worst thing about it.

Well setting aside that the laws are Unconstitutional, that's still not the issue. You have unelected, corrupt, and Unconstitutional government bureaucracies making up and writing their own laws. At the end of the day with all the issues with our government, they are the worst thing about it.

I don't disagree. I just don't understand why people seem so outraged when blatant attempts to circumnavigate the rules in force provokes a backlash.

I don't disagree. I just don't understand why people seem so outraged when blatant attempts to circumnavigate the rules in force provokes a backlash.

Because even though the laws are Unconstitutional in the first place, there is nothing about a bump stock or a pistol brace that is a violation of any type of law. And in the case of the Obama ATF, you had an agency completely rewriting existing laws with 41f.

Because even though the laws are Unconstitutional in the first place, there is nothing about a bump stock or a pistol brace that is a violation of any type of law. And in the case of the Obama ATF, you had an agency completely rewriting existing laws with 41f.

If you really believe that the current crop of braces are anything other than a blatant attempt to bypass the current SBR regulations I envy you your imagination :) You can be as pedantic as you like about technicalities, it doesn't change reality.

Even the ATF relented on the topic of shouldering, until someone pushed that little bit further.

If you really believe that the current crop of braces are anything other than a blatant attempt to bypass the current SBR regulations I envy you your imagination :) You can be as pedantic as you like about technicalities, it doesn't change reality.

Even the ATF relented on the topic of shouldering, until someone pushed that little bit further.

I never said they were. And I don't care if they are, just as I don't care if bumpstocks did either. If Congress and the president didn't like it, then they should've written better Unconstitutional laws. And since @FatAlbert likes to talk about bumpstocks, I'll use them as an example.

A bumpstock violated no existing firearm law - period, end of the story. So if the president and congress wanted to ban them, they would've had to pass another Unconstitutional law - you know that whole being beholden to your constituency thing... But that didn't happen. Instead they allowed a corrupt and unelected bureaucracy to ban them. At the end of the day, as much as Trump's involvement in it pisses me off, it is Congress who abdicated their responsibility and ceded power to the executive branch.

Back
Top Bottom