• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Planning Deer Hunt in Southern Hancock Co. - Need Advice

Hawk5150

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
288   0
Reaction score
I’m planning a Deer Hunt in Southern Hancock County and need some advice.

- What is typically the date range for the rut there?
- What are the top 2 rut days?

I’ve hunted in many Georgia counties over the years, but never in Hancock County. I really want to put myself in the best position to get a nice buck down.

Thank you, Troy

I hunted there for years ,i did have a Farm in Jewel Ga, I always seen top activity from first Sat .in November toSecond week in November. Looking back i always killed my deers (buck) Middle ways into first week. I did take a few on opening day.

Any day between Halloween and November 6th or so. November 2 - 4 if I was limited to a few specific days. I always take off the first full week in November to hunt down there. I'm in northern Hancock County.

shotgun 01 shotgun 01 is a little south of Hwy 16.
sambo77 sambo77 used to hunt close to me and colts colts is a mile or two away from my place.

They may have a different take on the best days.

Good luck and post some pics this fall!

Any day between Halloween and November 6th or so. November 2 - 4 if I was limited to a few specific days. I always take off the first full week in November to hunt down there. I'm in northern Hancock County.

shotgun 01 shotgun 01 is a little south of Hwy 16.
sambo77 sambo77 used to hunt close to me and colts colts is a mile or two away from my place.

They may have a different take on the best days.

Good luck and post some pics this fall!
I'm still only a few miles from you over in Warren County right off 16. I sure miss that little honey hole spot on monument rd. I thought about stopping and asking those guys if they needed a member in their club. Between the last week of October and beginning of the second week of November it seems to be hot and heavy at our place. Biggest buck I've seen on the hoof in person was October 29th running a doe.

Back
Top Bottom