• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plans for Next Deer Season

I’ve been thinking about building a more comfortable stand most of all.

For guns I suppose I need to invest in a scoped hunting rifle in 308 or 30-06 since that is the ammo I already have. Been shooting irons my entire life but the eyes will no doubt weaken with age. Shots will most likely be at 150 yds or less so I don’t think I need a long-distance rig. If I do hunt next season I’m sure I’ll take at least one deer with an antique trapdoor rifle in 45/70.

Range practice with Finn ammo to conserve hunting rounds.

Might go back to using a shotgun for a while too.....we’ll see

View attachment 3061765
H

39F6B97A-4857-4B65-9D06-EC2A3D5B7734.jpeg
531DC6F5-5A28-4500-B310-F0F5702FFE29.jpeg

110580E9-03A2-48BD-9F75-A7C8860E1256.jpeg

Here is one we built this year... Built it with my sons and their friends... thoughts for eventual Grandchildren, and would love to have my wife join me... She likes the hammock at the cabin, and the wine cooler...
Think it will last for awhile...

Next season is for me to get up there with you and shoot a deer. Gonna be 70 this year aint but 25-30 more good years left to hunt and I gotz the ammo
D, you got an open invitation. I even have a side by side limo to take you to the stand....lol

I’ve been thinking about building a more comfortable stand most of all.

For guns I suppose I need to invest in a scoped hunting rifle in 308 or 30-06 since that is the ammo I already have. Been shooting irons my entire life but the eyes will no doubt weaken with age. Shots will most likely be at 150 yds or less so I don’t think I need a long-distance rig. If I do hunt next season I’m sure I’ll take at least one deer with an antique trapdoor rifle in 45/70.

Range practice with FMJ ammo to conserve hunting rounds.

Might go back to using a shotgun for a while too.....we’ll see

View attachment 3061765
You got the game on your place too David! It is nice to take your own food on your own land.....and shoot anytime you like.

Back
Top Bottom