• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please identify

Are you sure he didn't mean the slide locks back after each shot? While I could modify a 1911 safety to autoengauge, there is no reason to do that, and the gun would be rather useless doing that.

Tell your friend to stop gripping the pistol like this:

High Thumb 1.jpg

And start gripping it like this, thumb over the "Thumb Safety":

High Thumb.jpg

If he still has the box, it's probably best he take it back and tell them he's too stupid to own a gun.

j/k.

As has been said, evidence suggests grip issues. Sounds like a teaching moment.

Definitely looks like some AK47 variant, probably the AR-15 type made by Glock. Safety keeps it from tripping metal detectors so you can safely carry in your neighborhood safe space.

He's not that gun literate so I'm going to go with the poor grip theory.
I've contacted him and hopefully I'll get more info when he gets home.
he's buying it off some guy in payments. I've told him, it's either him or the gun is defective mechanically. Since he is a 2 hour drive away, it's not convenient for me to drive over and shoot off a few rounds. my first guess was a 1911 Taurus but I cant identify most Guns on sight.
Also as stupid/funny as it might be, I wondered if it was some type of mechanism that may have been required by CA.

I've owned several Glocks and I'm comfortable in saying that it's not one.

Tell your friend to stop gripping the pistol like this:

View attachment 1119669

And start gripping it like this, thumb over the "Thumb Safety":

View attachment 1119673

Exactly what I was going to say. It also forces you to disengage safety on draw without even thinking about it. The downside is whenever you try to shoot a polymer gun the slide will never lock back after your last shot because your high grip will ride the slide lock lol

Back
Top Bottom