Please, Open Carriers, Stop “Defending My Rights”

Do you agree or disagree with this article?

• Agree

Votes: 69 93.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
Here is the article:

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2014/07/06/please-open-carriers-stop-defending-my-rights/

but here is the gist of it...

"Peaceful open carry rallies where gun owners safely carry long guns slung across their backs on public land? I’m down with that. Blatantly ridiculous, orchestrated confrontations where open carriers walk into private businesses with rifles at the combat ready, just to piss people off, knowing that all they’ll do is create more enemies? No thanks.

So please, open carriers, stop “defending my rights”. Just stop. You’re not helping. You’re not creating friends. You’re not “proving how important it is to exercise our rights.” You also have a right to wander the streets dressed in drag; do you exercise that right? And you’re not “getting people used to open carry.” For years, the Westboro Baptist Church has angered people by protesting at funerals. America hasn’t gotten used to it. We grudgingly tolerate it because it’s legal, but pretty much everybody hopes the WBC picks the wrong funeral and gets beaten senseless. America will never say, “The Westboro Baptist Church? What a great group of guys!” And you open carriers will never NOT provoke a reaction by carrying an AR-15 inside Chipotle.

But maybe, if you keep doing this stupid crap, you’ll turn more gun-neutral people into anti-gun people. Once you create enough enemies, you’ll finally hit the critical mass that gets new gun control laws passed. When that happens, I won’t just blame those anti-gun people. I’ll blame YOU."

Do you agree or disagree? (Take poll)

As much as I like the idea of the non gun owning public accepting carry, this is NOT the way to do it. Gun owners talking to their non gun owning friends and acquaintances will do much more than some slob carrying at low ready in walmart.

if you open carry with a video camera at the ready and have a youtube account ready to upload it to.....I hate you and your doing NOTHING but hurting gun owners rights.

if you open carry with a video camera at the ready and have a youtube account ready to upload it to.....I hate you and your doing NOTHING but hurting gun owners rights.
Like many other things, Open Carry "Education" on YouTube is nothing more than a fad. I open carry like any other sane gun owner... for the purpose of self defense, not attention whoring.

Agree 100% with this, they need to stop what they are doing. The 2nd Amendment is in jeopardy as it is we don't need more morons ruining it for law abiding gun owners.

Back
Top Bottom