• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please put up an extra prayer or two for my father in law, and family.

Cprice2623

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
21   2
Reaction score
My father in law is disabled, paralyzed from the waste down, paralyzed on his left, and on his good hand, only has a pinky and thumb from an accident years back. He's had diabetes for a long time, and its progressively gotten much worse with some added complications.
He lives with us, in our basement that was remodeled and is like an in-law sweet, with handicap wheelchair accessible everything. My fiance and I are his sole caretakers, and he relies on us, so he doesn't have to be in a nursing home( would you wanna be in one? Hell no! Lol) on tope of this my fiance is 35 weeks pregnant and has placenta previa, and is pretty much on bed rest until our little man is due. (Everything is going great, and he is due March 26th due c-section, So it's been pretty busy for me here the last year or so...
Anyways, last summer he had to get his big toe cut off, and a section of his foot. Ever since then it's been hard for him to transfer to bed, or do the selective things he was able to do before the surgery.
For the past month or so he has been weak and always getting sick, but with no fevers. Went to the doctors twice and everything checked out.
Before the weekend his health got pretty bad, and his oxygen dropped down to 50something, and he was super confused and out of it. Needless to say he ended up in the ICU and, has a bad infection his toe, that has turned infected down to the bone.
They did surgery this afternoon, and took off another toe, and another section of foot. He is out now, but there is definitely a long road of recovery in the future.
As soon as he will be getting home from all of this, is about the time my son will be born so I will have my hands full! Lol
Sorry for the long post, just seemed to help getting it out, off my chest and asking for the power of prayers for my father in law, my fiance, little baby boy soon to be here, and my family in this time.
I appreciate y'all more than you know! Thanks ODT family!

hands.jpg

Back
Top Bottom