• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pocket Carry

cw380.jpg
Kahr cw380 in my hip pocket and mag/flashlight in my front left pocket.

G43 with a Kydex trigger cover all day every day. I've modified all of my pants so the lanyard attaches inside and is short. As the pistol clears my pocket, the trigger cover pops off. I carry two extra mags with Plus 2 extensions in a specialty pocket on the left.

G43 with a Kydex trigger cover all day every day. I've modified all of my pants so the lanyard attaches inside and is short. As the pistol clears my pocket, the trigger cover pops off. I carry two extra mags with Plus 2 extensions in a specialty pocket on the left.

I’ve considered trying those, but I worried about constantly picking up lint in the barrel. Is it much worse than using a pocket holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve considered trying those, but I worried about constantly picking up lint in the barrel. Is it much worse than using a pocket holster?

No problems with lint and I think they are much better than a pocket holster. Holsters add a lot of bulk and I'm always worried the holster is going to come out with the gun.

Though the way I have it set up takes some effort initially, once it's done I believe it is the safest and most convenient way to carry a pocket pistol. I wear pants with cargo pockets that have a ring sewn in by the manufacturer. I create a large button hole in the lower side of the front pocket and another one right at where the ring is in the cargo pocket. I cut down the line on the trigger cover and attach a clip to it. Then I simply run the clip through both button holes and snap it onto the ring in the cargo pocket.

You can also carry a slightly bigger pistol because there is so little added bulk compared to a typical pocket holster. In fact, you want to carry a bigger one so it fills your pocket better and stays properly oriented.

holster1.jpg

holster2.jpg

The clip through the hole in the cargo pocket.

holster4.jpg

Front pocket turned inside out to show the line coming in from the clip in the cargo pocket.

holster5.jpg

How far the holster comes out of the front pocket when drawing the pistol with the pants on.

BTW, as for how concealable it is, I've been wearing this rig every time you've met me.

Back
Top Bottom