Pocket Pistol???

Another vote for the CM9 or CM40. Not much at all bigger than the Kahr.380. I carry a CM9 everyday and love it. Sometimes I put it in my pocket in a decent holster and it works just fine.

I carry my p380 everywhere. My wife has her lcp or j frame. If a good trigger isn't important I would buy a lcp and cerakote it for the same money as the Kahr.

The family of pocket 9's are a tad bit bigger than the .380's.

Love my gen II LCP, especially with the Hogue grip.

Attachments

• EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    EDCI 001 - Copy.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 30
So after researching some of the pistols mentioned, I've found the CM40 is the ideal deep concealment 40. From the pics I've found in comparison to the LCP 380, it is significantly wider. I carry everyday, and everyday I'm wearing jeans or belt looped shorts so I carry the 23. I want the largest comfortable pistol with the highest capacity possible that I feel confident carrying. I personally would never just carry something like a LCP380 everyday solely. But I'm wanting something I can throw in my gym shorts pocket while cutting grass, yardwork, taking the kids on a jog, riding bikes, etc... Something I can carry while wearing athletic wear. So from the pics online comparing the CM40 to other smaller pistols, I feel it's a little too bulky. The LCP is much thinner.

I guess the LCP would be the best option for me while being active in gym clothes. It's lightweight which is important o it won't pull my shorts down, and it's thin so it sits more flush to me. But I compared it from pics online to the LC9 and there isn't as much different as you'd imagine. Any other pocket 9 owners have suggestions?

Hayata that is a very nice little pistol you got there. I also won't leave home without my Kershaw.

So after researching some of the pistols mentioned, I've found the CM40 is the ideal deep concealment 40. From the pics I've found in comparison to the LCP 380, it is significantly wider. I carry everyday, and everyday I'm wearing jeans or belt looped shorts so I carry the 23. I want the largest comfortable pistol with the highest capacity possible that I feel confident carrying. I personally would never just carry something like a LCP380 everyday solely. But I'm wanting something I can throw in my gym shorts pocket while cutting grass, yardwork, taking the kids on a jog, riding bikes, etc... Something I can carry while wearing athletic wear. So from the pics online comparing the CM40 to other smaller pistols, I feel it's a little too bulky. The LCP is much thinner.

I guess the LCP would be the best option for me while being active in gym clothes. It's lightweight which is important o it won't pull my shorts down, and it's thin so it sits more flush to me. But I compared it from pics online to the LC9 and there isn't as much different as you'd imagine. Any other pocket 9 owners have suggestions?

Hayata that is a very nice little pistol you got there. I also won't leave home without my Kershaw.

If you are going to go 380, Consider the S&W bodyguard.
Much better trigger.

Last edited:
Just one more suggestion -
You own the 23 and 27 - why not add the 42?
I own the 23, 19, 26 and recently I added the 42. I have tried several other gun companies for concealed carry and although they all make great products, the 42 (for me) blew them out of the water.
You already shoot Glocks, you're used to the sight picture and grip, you know what the trigger is like...why break that which isn't broken?
Again, there are a ton of great CC pistols out there, but for me there is no shame in being a one-company gun owner. Especially as they are a stone-throw away if I ever have an issue, need an upgrade, or want to have night sights installed and zeroed in for $60.
Just a suggestion. Thank goodness we live in a country where we are faced with the problem of what CC pistol to get :)

Jsimson ain't that the truth. I mostly carry Glock but have many other pistols. I actually shoot the M&P platform the "best" but are more confident in reliability in the Glock. Honestly think that's all in my head. The M&P is plenty reliable. I frequently allow all my handguns frequent trips to the range. So I'm familiar with all their platforms. For me though the 42 is still larger than I'm like. I feel the shield 40 would be a better choice in a similar package. But I'd like something true to pocket size

Back
Top Bottom