• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Polishing media

Litnin91

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
8   0
Reaction score
I've been reloading for several years now and have been using cobb media and it works fine.

The problem is I would really like to take some of the labor out of the cleaning process.

Leave the primer in and polish, then you have a mess to clean out after you knock the primer out.

Knock the primer out and then polish, then the cobb media gets stuck in the flash hole and
you have to pick it out.

I was reading the other day on a couple of different forums that some people are using a stainless steel cut wire or shot to
polish their brass and it cleans the primer pockets perfectly... no need to pocket brush them after regular vibration polishing.

Has anyone here used this stainless steel polishing media?

I would definitely like to make case cleaning less labor intensive, but I am concerned about the steel wearing the
brass out faster...

If you use this method, can you give some details about where you get the media,
how you mix it (I hear you have to use water with it), and any specifics for safety or realiability when using this method?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I have more trouble with walnut shells in the primer pocket than I do corn cobb media but I wouldn't say it has been an issue. I do a thorough inspection of each case once polished and usually give each a quick twist with the primer pocket brush as i inspect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom