• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Popular Foods that are Over Rated

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
Here are a few of mine.....

1) Chicken wings: Never understood why they are so popular. Takes a lot of work for such a little bit of chicken meat. I'll take chicken tenders over wings any day.

2) The Varsity: Yeah it's an "Atlanta Icon" but it's just average greasy fast food slung together, by people that don't care. Nothing special, not sure why people love it.

3) Pizza: There I said it. Don't care about "Chicago style" or "New York" style....since it's mostly bread with greasy salted meats. There are some thin crust versions that are okay, but I can go a long time before I have pizza again.

What would you put on your list?

Fried catfish. WTF is wrong with people? Why are they like religious zealots over fried bottom feeders?

Now, don't get me wrong, I actually like catfish, maybe twice a year, but I know folks that will eat this stuff EVERY SINGLE TIME they "go out" to eat. I just don't get it.

Fried catfish. WTF is wrong with people? Why are they like religious zealots over fried bottom feeders?

Now, don't get me wrong, I actually like catfish, maybe twice a year, but I know folks that will eat this stuff EVERY SINGLE TIME they "go out" to eat. I just don't get it.
We had a family friend (many years ago) that that would eat the fried catfish tail first. Yuck! Didn't understand that then and certainly don't get it now.

And, as far as pizza goes, Stampede Stampede you Philistine! You should try a slice from Bella's New York in Calabash, NC (https://cyrusramsey.com/places/bellas-pizza-deli/) or Borrillo's in St. Augustine, FL. (https://www.borrillos.com/)

Borrillo's will convert you to a pizza lover no matter what you think you know about NY style pizza.

I won't comment on the disgusting mess of a tomato pie that "Chicago style" pizza is. That ain't pizza IDC who you are.

We had a family friend (many years ago) that that would eat the fried catfish tail first. Yuck! Didn't understand that then and certainly don't get it now.
Tails and fins are good eating if they are fried long enough. Like a fish potato chip! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom