• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Port St Joe or Apalachicola?

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Planning a fishing trip for my birthday in mid April. Would you go for brackish water fishing out of Apalachicola or inshore fishing out of Port St. Joe/ Cape San Blas? We would be getting a place for the weekend in PSJ for the beaches and would either take a charter out of PSJ or drive 30-40 min down the beach to Apalachicola for a day. This will be my first charter fishing trip in saltwater so I have absolutely no experience or first hand knowledge to aid my decision. Suggestions or charter recommendations to consider would be great.

I’m a captain out of Destin, fished Destin for 25 years, being as though your going in mid April, and the migratory fish aren’t in yet, I would go brackishish fishing in apalachicola, too bad there is a moratorium on oysters harvested apalachicola right now, they have the best in the world there, I don’t know the guide boats there well enough to give u a referral,pick 1 that the guide has been in those waters for many yrs, and isn’t too bad of a drunk...lol...that might be tough!

Planning a fishing trip for my birthday in mid April. Would you go for brackish water fishing out of Apalachicola or inshore fishing out of Port St. Joe/ Cape San Blas? We would be getting a place for the weekend in PSJ for the beaches and would either take a charter out of PSJ or drive 30-40 min down the beach to Apalachicola for a day. This will be my first charter fishing trip in saltwater so I have absolutely no experience or first hand knowledge to aid my decision. Suggestions or charter recommendations to consider would be great.
Plenty of places to stay at cape san blas or Indian pass for nice beaches. Better than PCB any day in my opinion.

I’m a captain out of Destin, fished Destin for 25 years, being as though your going in mid April, and the migratory fish aren’t in yet, I would go brackishish fishing in apalachicola, too bad there is a moratorium on oysters harvested apalachicola right now, they have the best in the world there, I don’t know the guide boats there well enough to give u a referral,pick 1 that the guide has been in those waters for many yrs, and isn’t too bad of a drunk...lol...that might be tough!

After driving through Apalachicola once I was dead set I wanted to fish around there so I guess we will stick with that plan. If you hear of any charters out of that area I am all ears.

I always use captain john sapp jr out of apalachicola u want to stay a place with good beaches all u have to do is drive across bridge on 98 5 minutes and you will b at st George island great beaches and rental condos. Just my opinion. Hope u have a great trip

PSJ
Perfect Cast Charters!!!!

Screenshot_20210518-094926_Flickr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom