• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Post SHTF prioritization...food for thought (long thread)

We should all consider the possibility that in a real SHTF situation, sooner or later one the people "in charge" will likely float the idea of confiscating food/water/meds from those that have to distribute to the "community" on an as-need basis.

Maybe? Maybe not? Just another reason to only share our prep info with like minded people.

Good point.....that is we form armed groups that train, train, and then train some more.

Confiscation only works if those that are in power can rally people to their cause and actually take the risk that they won't get shot in the process of enforcing their "plan". Much more likely you'll see a "contribute or be left out" policy. You contribute your resources, or when you run out you're simply out of luck. I'd be much more worried about a government that imposes anti-hoarding laws and has a broad definition of what "hoarding" means. Does that include stuff we worked our tails off to buy and stock before a SHTF situation?

I've been visiting and interviewing group members and leaders from a few different locations in GA and FL to learn a few tips about what they're doing. Been in touch with others as far away as CT. I've got to say these people really have their act together. We're talking months or years of supplies, the capacity to grow food, prepared for nearly anything including planning for fallback locations/mobility. These guys aren't hard core, antigovernment survivalists - just everyday people (VERY patriotic in most cases) who are prepping to handle whatever SHTF scenario comes their way. I'm convinced the best chance of success is to form or join a carefully structured, well prepared group.

I am trying to move from the survive mindset (storing, bugging in, rationing, making do, etc) into the thrive mindset (recycling, farming, growing, making, doing, etc), it has definitely changed how I am prepping now.

I am trying to move from the survive mindset (storing, bugging in, rationing, making do, etc) into the thrive mindset (recycling, farming, growing, making, doing, etc), it has definitely changed how I am prepping now.

excellent sir. you have become enlightened!

Can I be your long range sniper? I just need to learn how to shoot one thousand yards.

Yep, it's all about going old school. We're not going to see an overnight zombie apocalypse most likely, but a long slow grind, so folks will have to live like our grandparents did and not be completely dependent on "the grid."

Yep, it's all about going old school. We're not going to see an overnight zombie apocalypse most likely, but a long slow grind, so folks will have to live like our grandparents did and not be completely dependent on "the grid."

yep. very true and to top it off folks better get to know their neighbors now cause when the balloon goes up most of us here will be stuck where we are with our de facto group aka neighbors.... i am fortunate that where i live is a country community and we all have skills to help each other with. old school community based self governing and policing will take the place of the nanny state. folks that steal/murder/loot/pillage whatever will be treated 19th century style. aka hung or shot. simple as that. our community has already spoke about it and know what we will do to protect each other from marauders. you all should be doing the same.

I think security is an area that is severely overlook. How many of us have windows on the first floor? - all of us! If SHTF, theft will be high. I keep enough 2x4's and 3/4" plywood around to board up windows and reinforce doors.

Back
Top Bottom