Prayers Needed

mattp38

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
20   0
Reaction score
Some of you may know my mother had a stroke in 2017 that rendered her completely immobile on her right side. Since then my father who is 78 has been her primary caregiver. I had to help out last year we he had covid and she did not, and 2 years ago when he was dealing with some pretty bad back issues. Don't get me wrong, I help out a good bit, but in those 2 instances I mean I've had to stay with her for a couple weeks at a time pretty well 24/7.

My father is in excellent health for someone his age. Long story short, my mother calls me about 11 last night in a panic and said my dad was in severe pain. I live about 20 minutes from them and by the time I got there he had already left in an ambulance. If you knew my father you'd know that's bad, I wouldn't think I'd ever be able to convince him to call an ambulance but apparently he was the one that wanted it.

So I just walked in the door from the hospital to try and grab a couple hour nap and will be heading back shortly. Turns out dad has appendicitis and is having surgery in a few hours. Please pray that all goes well for him, and please pray for the recovery period, doctor said he would be unable to lift anything for a couple weeks, which makes taking full care of my mother impossible.

Thank you in advance for your prayers, my whole family thanks you!

Some of you may know my mother had a stroke in 2017 that rendered her completely immobile on her right side. Since then my father who is 78 has been her primary caregiver. I had to help out last year we he had covid and she did not, and 2 years ago when he was dealing with some pretty bad back issues. Don't get me wrong, I help out a good bit, but in those 2 instances I mean I've had to stay with her for a couple weeks at a time pretty well 24/7.

My father is in excellent health for someone his age. Long story short, my mother calls me about 11 last night in a panic and said my dad was in severe pain. I live about 20 minutes from them and by the time I got there he had already left in an ambulance. If you knew my father you'd know that's bad, I wouldn't think I'd ever be able to convince him to call an ambulance but apparently he was the one that wanted it.

So I just walked in the door from the hospital to try and grab a couple hour nap and will be heading back shortly. Turns out dad has appendicitis and is having surgery in a few hours. Please pray that all goes well for him, and please pray for the recovery period, doctor said he would be unable to lift anything for a couple weeks, which makes taking full care of my mother impossible.

Prayers sent brother.

Praying for your Father.

Back
Top Bottom