• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attorney or Want to be Attorney Advice Needed- neighbor's Tree Fell in My Yard

In the aftermath of hurricane Irma...I had half a big ass oak down in my front yard...into my neighbor's trees...and a big pecan down in the back yard. I hired a service to get the tree out of the front yard...they were a cpl weeks out cause it wasn't an emergency.

My neighbor asked me about the tree in his yard...told him I had hired a service to clean up.

He asked me a week later...I told him the same thing and if he wanted it gone sooner, have at.

He wanted to get pissed and i think he called his lawyer...was real short with me...didn't hear **** since. I got the tree removed and trimmed his tree that got damaged...I didn't have to.

Think I will "hep" him out again??...pound dicks ****er.

It’s only standing IF the tree is in good standing condition and fell due to a storm.

If the tree is clearly in decline, the property owner IS responsible for any damage that tree may cause neighboring property lines.

The slam dunk would be if OP put the homeowner on notice and recorded it prior to the fell…

Like I said. A lawyer may have a different spin on it. But it’s happened to me twice and both times I removed the neighbors tree from my property. Wasn’t worth the hassle or cost to engage a lawyer. Actually posted a big oak on her for free firewood and several ODTers made like beavers and got the biulk of it out of my front yard. It was huge.

Had the same thing happen. Tree fell across our yard. Crushed my son's trampoline. Neighbor said **** you and cut the 10 feet on his yard at the fence line and left us with 50 feet and crushed fence and trampoline.

A year later he came over and asked for help carrying some heavy **** out of his house. I laughed and slammed the door in his dumb ****ing face.

Had the same thing happen. Tree fell across our yard. Crushed my son's trampoline. Neighbor said **** you and cut the 10 feet on his yard at the fence line and left us with 50 feet and crushed fence and trampoline.

A year later he came over and asked for help carrying some heavy **** out of his house. I laughed and slammed the door in his dumb ****ing face.

Mine helped out. But not a lot she could do really.

As people have mentioned if you believe your neighbor had a dead tree which might damage your property you need to notify them in writing to be indemnified.

Burn the ****ing house down!!!

giphy (89).gif

How’s that coming BTW haven’t seen any updates
I think he finally found a builder, wanted me to do his entire hvac system ductwork and all, everyone says no of course they wanna use their cheap subs for bigger profit, I will overlook all the hvac plans though. They finally put him in an apartment, I think they are keeping the foundation and building up from there new. Last I heard, haven’t talked in a min, life just gets busy

1703205532833.jpeg

Trust me, this was my tree. I had the fortune of damaging 3 neighbors fences and property. Luckily we all became good friends from the incident. I did the right thing and paid half their deductible towards the removal of the tree. Which wasn’t cheap. Took a crew of 12 11 1/2 hours to clear it all up.

The truck has just one of 4 pieces of the trunk. That’s a solid piece.

Back
Top Bottom