Precision Rifle for $699

Hyrb

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Never try to teach a pig to sing
61   0
Reaction score
Cabelas has discontinued it's deal with APO and is letting go of the
Ashbury Precision Ordnance Saber® M700™ Precision Bolt-Action Rifle
MODEL: M700 PREC 308WIN 20" | ITEM: IK - 292972 https://www.cabelas.com/product/Ash...ber-M-Precision-Bolt-Action-Rifle/2553955.uts

LOOKS LIKE THEY SOLD OFF EVERY ONE THEY HAD - at $1000 off and cheaper than a standard M700 I'm not surprised.

Reg $1799 for $699 for remaining stock. Take off another 5% if you're a Vet. Makes this a pretty screaming deal. The APO Chassis is well respected and reviews and write-ups online are good.

You have to have it shipped to one of their stores - which is a pain. BUT I called and after it gets to a Cabelas they will transfer it to your local Bass Pro for pick-up if you like.

From what I read they take M700 and cull out any that won't be sub-MOA according to testing. They used to use Savage barrels and actions but switched to Remington 2 years ago.

From what I read they take M700 and cull out any that won't be sub-MOA according to testing. They used to use Savage barrels and actions but switched to Remington 2 years ago.

I can see why they switched it out, most people have this adverse reaction to Savage products because of their budget past & ugly action perceptions. Remington has a better history starting from the 60's, but from 20 years ago the quality has been lack luster and people still think Remington as a good brand & great action.

I recall reading a comparison between a Remington 700 & the Bergara B-14 (both use the 700 action style), the Bergara was way ahead of quality compared to the Remington. Fit and finish on my Bergara has made me really like the action compared to my Remington I sold off.

Back
Top Bottom