• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem with ammo....

Ravager95

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
26   0
Reaction score
Just got a box of Speer Gold Dot 45 ACP ammunition from a local store and when i got home and began loading up the mags for my USP, i noticed this...
i85.photobucket.com_albums_k56_Ravage95_IMG_0041.jpg

Any recommendations on what i should do. I am a little afraid to shoot that round for fear of what it could do to my HK. I have used this Speer ammo for years, and this is the first questionable round I've gotten. Anyone else ever gotten a round like that?

Wow those came out of a brand new box of ammo? thats pretty pathetic, the condition is terrible...yes, don't shoot that setback round.

I figured the ammo had just been on the shelf for a while, but so that rounds been chambered...that is something else...SOB. Returning that box then, I'll see if i can't chew out a manager or something. Thanks for the speedy reply guys.

Maybe its just the camera angle, but the bottom or the first two look to be different sizes.

I dunno. I have some carry loads like that. It took quite a bit of carrying them before they looked like that. Those bullets look like they have been to baghdad and back. Id go give that manager a piece of my mind.

Yeah, these have DEFINITELY been through a magazine or two and judging from the marks on the rims I'd say they've been chambered and extracted a time or three as well. NOT new ammo. Not to mention all that tarnish on the jackets. They should be embarrassed to have sold that junk to you.

Well the 4 rounds surrounding "Shorty" I pulled off the top of my mag after i realized that the picture i took of the short round alone was kinda pointless without other rounds as context

The chipping around the rim is from an extractor. Maybe putting them into your mag and taking them back out scuffed them a bit but they look OLD.

I had a Kahr CW45 that wouldn't feed 230 grain Hornady's or pretty much ANy 230 grain and it rammed a slug into the casing just like your "shorty".

You plan on returning them today? You might, so they don't try to say you did it.

Back
Top Bottom