• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem with ammo....

Got them from a Pawn Shop up in Commerce, my family has a few hundred acres in Banks County and i go there shooting anytime i am up there. Got that box on my way home and opened it up when i got back to my house. As for returning them today, probably won't make it up there before they close since i live in Cobb. Not even sure with gas the way it is if its worth it to go back up there. Is it possible to call up Speer and send the box back to them? Got a UPS store a lot closer then my grandparents house.

I woldn't think Speer would be responsible for the pawn shops poor handling. Pawn shops will sell "used" ammo. I have sold some to pawn shops, but never enything like THAT. Understand the gas thing but I think I would take it back just on principle. At least take it as a lesson learned to NEVER buy ammo from anyone without checking it in the store. I even open ammo I buy at Wal-Mart. Once opened a box of Remington 9MMs that had tarnished copper jackets.

Speer may be able to identify the MFR date by the lot number. That MIGHT be useful info to you. I HOPE you at least got it cheap, cause even if you did it was no bargain in that condition. If you do decide to keep it, Hunng was right about NOT shooting that round. With the slug pushed in it may increase pressure to a dangerous level.

Call the pawn shop and tell them you will be returning it the next time you are up there. Get the name of the person you speak to.

Back
Top Bottom