Professional Gun Cleaning services

TheDragon

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
If someone were so inclined to open a business cleaning guns, no "smithing" work would they have to have an FFL for that. I think that would be something neat to clean up old beat up guns, just knock the crud off and put some oil on them. I think I like cleaning guns about as much as shooting. Maybe i'm weird like that but I like the way guns work and working with my hands on machinery.

If people were shipping them to you, or you were shipping them...then probably so. Otherwise, not to burst your bubble but I don't know of any man that would let someone else clean his guns. That just takes man points away...cerakoting, durakoting, and re-bluing and actual "smith" work is another story

I may be wrong on this, but I have always understood that the FFL was needed anytime you (your business) was taking possession of a firearm from another person, that they leave with you.

If they were standing there the whole time you were working, smithing, or cleaning, then no FFL would be required.
If they are dropping the weapon off, and returning for it next week, you do need an FFL.

But the overriding factor may be anytime you are engaged in business (for profit) handling, selling, or working of firearms, you need an FFL.

If people were shipping them to you, or you were shipping them...then probably so. Otherwise, not to burst your bubble but I don't know of any man that would let someone else clean his guns. That just takes man points away...cerakoting, durakoting, and re-bluing and actual "smith" work is another story

I'm not sure I'd go so far to say that; Personally, I would have NO PROBLEM with someone taking all of the cosmoline .... and I mean ALL of the cosmoline, from a Mosin Nagant for me ....... :loco:

If that is being offered for a very low-low price, FTF, let me know, You might just have a customer! :D

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom