• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PSA about PSA

If anyone does buy this, I strongly suggest rapping the last several inches of the barrel with grip tape. That way if you need it to defend your life, you can use it at as blunt instrument and it wont slip out of your hand.
Honestly a ****ing hard stick would be better than this to swing at someone. Some of these Turkish shotguns are like making a airsoft gun into a real gun

I believe the 88 parts are mostly if not all interchangeable with the 500. The 88 is just the poor man’s 500 and the 500 is the poor man’s 590
Yeah most parts are interchangeable. The maverick has a shorter action slide, though, and the forend is pinned. I upgraded to a magpul stock and forend, and needed to switch out to the longer 500 action slide and nut to accommodate the forend. Still came out cheaper than buying a 500 outright.

If anyone does buy this, I strongly suggest rapping the last several inches of the barrel with grip tape. That way if you need it to defend your life, you can use it at as blunt instrument and it wont slip out of your hand.

My luck it will fire just enough times to melt the grip tape off leaving me with a smoking hot barrel and melted grip tape to grab ahold of :lol:

He tested three different Turkish shotguns. The test was to see if they could make it to 500 rds without breaking.. slugs, birdshot and buck dumped together and just shoot. None made it. He later tested a Mossberg Maverick. It made it all the way through.
LOVE TFB TV! And yeah I've watched most if not all the Turkish shotgun burn down videos. The lesson I took away from it was that if you buy a Turkish shotgun it better be a pump . And on a side note I was impressed how well the Maverick 88 held up.

I believe the 88 parts are mostly if not all interchangeable with the 500. The 88 is just the poor man’s 500 and the 500 is the poor man’s 590
I have a 500A and a Maverick 88. If the Maverick has one weak spot it has to be the dual action bars that are riveted to the plastic forearm. I've had one break before. And the action doesn't really wanna function with one bar. On the Mossberg there is a metal sleeve under the fore grip and the action bars are riveted to it . But I guess that's one of the cost cutting measures involved with the Maverick line. Now that could be a fluke that only happened to ME. But if you own a Maverick you should consider getting on eBay or Gunbroker and finding the fore grip assembly from a 500 or 590.

There were three different videos. One of them was a Turkish pump, the other two were semi autos
I think there was a video with a Black Aces semi auto . Another video had a Benelli M4 clone and a third video had a more sporting oriented gun with wood furniture. But none of them made it very far into the tests. I get emails from PSA and Classic Firearms multiple times a day and they always have these shotguns on sale. But as I said before, if it's gonna be a budget shotgun it needs to be a pump.

Back
Top Bottom