• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Psychotic Parakeet

I ain't so sure about the getting it a mate thing. A mean bird is just a mean bird. My folks had two lobe birds way back when. The male was friendly and the female was nasty. She eventually killed him.
This one used to be fine, not sure when it flipped. Might have been when we lost power for 2 days during the last snow storm and we were staying in the living room near the fireplace. I forgot all about the bird so it may have gotten a little cold in my son's room.

View attachment 1709086 Up for grabs is a wonderful, albeit psychotic, parakeet. It does not like to be held and unlike @Bypass bird, will not exit the cage and fly off. Seriously, you can leave the cage open for weeks and it won’t leave. It randomly has apparent flashbacks and goes into cackling fits. This may sound annoying but it’s actually quite entertaining. Comes with a nice cage and some other bird stuff. Protective raptor gloves not included.
That bird's institutionalized. Been locked up so long he knows he can't make it out in the Free World.

Tabitha bought the little budgie a friend yesterday. She LOVES her new companion.

My cockatoo would think the budgie is a baby and snuggle her under her wing.

I've handled worse. My twin brother has an insane cockatoo that will actively try to kill you. Poor thing, I'm the only person that will actually handle him. Yes, I wear raptor gloves when doing so.

The worst hurt I have ever been was from a juvenile Broad Winged Hawk the little SOB grabbed my exposed hand, started kicking and mantled it so I couldn't see him doing it. All I knew was hamburger was flying, then a tiny little screech owl hit me square in the face with every last of those needle sharp talons and latched in. Little fluffy pillows of seething hatred.

roxynkeet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom