• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PTR91s for less than $800

I believe it might have been Nonliberal Nonliberal that thinks these are better made than the HK91. They are battle rifles and very reliable. In my opinion, they're the best value going in 308.
They are, I have both. My HK is like a 76 model and the PTR is just a more modern and better made version of the same rifle. Shoots better, cycles smoother, and fits tighter. Maybe its because my HK is old as I didn't know it when it was new but it is in pristine shape. The PTR is a better rifle. Its like comparing an old Colt AR15 from the 70s to a brand new S&W or something.

They are, I have both. My HK is like a 76 model and the PTR is just a more modern and better made version of the same rifle. Shoots better, cycles smoother, and fits tighter. Maybe its because my HK is old as I didn't know it when it was new but it is in pristine shape. The PTR is a better rifle. Its like comparing an old Colt AR15 from the 70s to a brand new S&W or something.
I think I would like to try one, bt how do I know I am getting the right one? Is there a specific model number or ??

Thanks, Moose

I overlooked the links. I will have my local FFL order one for me tomorrow.

PS: My friend lent me his real hk91, and besides being a little fron heavy, the only thing I did not like was that the brass was not re-loadable due to the spiral grooves at the neck after being fired. For a battle rifle, I doubt I would be stopping to pick up brass or even mags, anyway.

I overlooked the links. I will have my local FFL order one for me tomorrow.

PS: My friend lent me his real hk91, and besides being a little fron heavy, the only thing I did not like was that the brass was not re-loadable due to the spiral grooves at the neck after being fired. For a battle rifle, I doubt I would be stopping to pick up brass or even mags, anyway.

All the models are fairly similar. Main differences being 16 vs 18 inch barrel, and some models with a bull barrel and rail

Where can you get mags for $3? Atlantic has 3 packs for 24$, but I haven't found any for $3.

Took about 30 seconds of searching. First ones found at "Cheaper Than Dirt" for $2.97 each!! Their ad says "We obtained a huge lot of H&K Magazines at a great price, and we're passing the savings on to you. These Factory German H&K magazines fit the H&K Model 91 or G-3 .308 rifle. Also fit PTR-91 rifles, and can fit CETME rifles with some minor fitting. 20 round capacity, aluminum, original military; used in good condition."

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...luminum-20-round-original-military-mag-304.do

Back
Top Bottom