• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PTSD

Well, he’s loaded with it so I try not to judge. He meant it in good faith
I know people who have been completely debilitated by it. Some people get some bull**** va rating. Some people have their lives forever altered. There is a difference. It’s not something I would joke around with here. Not meaning to be harsh. Just something to consider.

I know people who have been completely debilitated by it. Some people get some bull**** va rating. Some people have their lives forever altered. There is a difference. It’s not something I would joke around with here. Not meaning to be harsh. Just something to consider.
Pretty sure he wasn’t “joking around”. Neither was I when I posted this.

I only get it when I hear a Huey, smell Diesel fumes or gun power smoke, a safety on a weapon being clicked, strange noises in the wood line, when things are too quiet, well dang, just about everything I guess, but I've learned to live with it as long as they don't drop mortar shells on my hooch until my bunker is built :rolleyes:

I only get it when I hear a Huey, smell Diesel fumes or gun power smoke, a safety on a weapon being clicked, strange noises in the wood line, when things are too quiet, well dang, just about everything I guess, but I've learned to live with it as long as they don't drop mortar shells on my hooch until my bunker is built :rolleyes:
At least it sounds manageable! Ugh

Lemme ask you since you actually have it. Is “spicy Deja Vu” offensive to you or is it a decent description of what it actually is? Asking for a friend. 😐

If it’s offensive, I’ll ask our parents to delete the thread. Anyone who knows me knows that certainly wasn’t the intent.

At least it sounds manageable! Ugh

Lemme ask you since you actually have it. Is “spicy Deja Vu” offensive to you or is it a decent description of what it actually is? Asking for a friend. 😐

If it’s offensive, I’ll ask our parents to delete the thread. Anyone who knows me knows that certainly wasn’t the intent.
Pretty sure there are quite a few people on here with some experience and the word I used was flippant, not offensive. There’s a difference.

Pretty sure there are quite a few people on here with some experience and the word I used was flippant, not offensive. There’s a difference.
With all due respect, “not something I would JOKE about…” would infer offensive. Anyone who would “joke” about ptsd would be considered offensive.

Back
Top Bottom