• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Public Gun Range Etiquette

I would have setup next to him and angled my position just a little so the brake on my tanker Garand was directed at him...then shot his targets.

If a 16" garand with a brake does rattle your teeth I dunno what will.

When new folks show up, it's common courtesy to wrap up your shooting as quickly as possible to allow them to get their targets set up. Taking a short break to refresh your own targets won't reduce the amount of time you get to shoot anyway, and hey...it's a public range, courtesy is what makes it work.

He was a douchebag….THAT range is the reason why I NO LONGER frequent public ranges…

I had a very similar incident happen, call range cold, take about 10 steps down range and I hear a slide DROP BEHIND ME!! I look back and this guy is about to shoot down range! I yelled for him to put the gun down and he looked at me with a straight face and said the following:

"You are on the rifle range, I am shooting on the pistol side…."

I went back to the shoot house, gathered my stuff and my son and left….you were in the right, but guys like that are the same ones that will be finger banging their new assault weapon while you are down range….BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Back
Top Bottom