• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Public Gun Range in Walker County???

wildmantaz

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
99   0
Reaction score
Anyone know why they closed the public shooting area off HWY 193 in the LaFayette area?

A friend called me today from the range and said it was fenced off and there were signs stating no shooting.

They have closed it. Went up there yesterday and they have put a fence up and have a backhoe getting ready to clean it all up.
this aint no good
that place is like 8 min from my house
although it is always pretty trashy there, i blame it on the bums that bring tv's, microwaves and etc. there and blow it to pieces then leave it

No it is west of LaFayette near Pigeon Mountain WWA. I haven't been there in several years because some of the people using the are were very unsafe. I was there shooting at about the 25 yard line and these two guys walk up to the target line, place some targets, and then walked back about ten yards from their targets and started shooting. They were about 5 feet to my right and 15 yards in front of me. I loaded up my stuff and have not been back since.

It had got pretty bad with people dumping tires, junk, using items that shouldn't be used as targets. Someone also pushed the fence down so they could drive into the range area.

The people who own the Bank of LaFayette also own the land where the range was.

It is a shame when a few people will ruin a good thing for so many people. I live only about a mile from the range and have heard alot of people using the range.

Back
Top Bottom