pushing glock sites

You'll need to move the rear sight left to move your POI left. Is the sight currently centered in the dovetail? That's a lot of correction at only 10 yds!

its not centered... its noticably more towards the right side of the slide if you are aiming down the sights.

You may want to shoot it from a benchrest or other supported position or have someone else shoot it to confirm the problem before adjusting the sights.
Are you lefthanded by any chance?
Most righthanded shooters shoot Glocks(especially the mid-size frame ones) just a little to the left.
Also as stated above you want to move the rear sight in the direction that you want to move your point of impact.

indeed... I am a lefty. My 17 has heinie sights and it appears dead center in the dove tail whereas the 30 is a 3 dot ns setup and has the rear sight noticably towards the right

Last edited:
We've seen this occur with many students coming through our classes & I've heard reports of it happening from other Instructors at their schools as well.
When I spoke with Glocks Director of Training regarding this matter he said that some Glock shooters experience it (in their opinion) due to a combination of factors having to do with the "harmonics" of the frame flex influenced by the strength of the shooters grip.
It happens to me primarily with the mid-size frames. If the sights are precisely centered I shoot exactly 1" left at 7 yds. & 2.5"-3" left at 25 yds. so by drifting my rear sight ever so slightly to the right my point of aim exactly matches my point of impact.

We've seen this occur with many students coming through our classes & I've heard reports of it happening from other Instructors at their schools as well.
When I spoke with Glocks Director of Training regarding this matter he said that some Glock shooters experience it (in their opinion) due to a combination of factors having to do with the "harmonics" of the frame flex influenced by the strength of the shooters grip.
It happens to me primarily with the mid-size frames. If the sights are precisely centered I shoot exactly 1" left at 7 yds. & 2.5"-3" left at 25 yds. so by drifting my rear sight ever so slightly to the right my point of aim exactly matches my point of impact.

thank you for the info! my groups are nice and tight at 10 yards... they are just on the far right side of the target (i think it was 12"x16" sil.) So very minor adjustments followed by bench shooting it would be the best means to correct this it sounds. Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom