• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Put Down Deer

How would you feel if you went to the Dr. with a broken leg and he shot you twice? Just kidding. Life is cruel sometimes and we try our best to make it less cruel. Good job following your beliefs and faith.

I shot a deer with a glock 30 that had been hit by a car. That deer did not want to die. I hit him 8 out of 10 shots. The last one to the head. I sold the 45 the next day. Mainly because my ears were still ringing. I now keep an ak in the truck, if I ever have to do it again it will be one to the head.

I shot a deer with a glock 30 that had been hit by a car. That deer did not want to die. I hit him 8 out of 10 shots. The last one to the head. I sold the 45 the next day. Mainly because my ears were still ringing. I now keep an ak in the truck, if I ever have to do it again it will be one to the head.
Hmm. What ammo were you using? I had 115gr hornady xtp at max load. First hit neck and exited at the base if the head and that paralyzed it or something because it was breathing but couldn't move. The second and third were contact shots, one to the top of the head and the other went from under ear to behind eye. The two head shots expanded to about the size of a dime. Overall I was pleased with performance and my ears were fine.

Golddot hollow points. 185 grain. I carry .40 now. I am also older wiser and a better shot. I am sure my youth had something to do with it.

I know where you are coming from and can truly appreciate that but frankly it was very risky and it could have been a bad day for you. Sometimes one has to weigh the pros with the cons.
I could only imagine the charges brought upon you if it had made a turn for the worse. a passerby, a field hand, reports from neighbors of gunshots. could have gone south real quick.

....or stepping on a crack, running through a spider web to the face, it a serial killer hiding out ready to pounce, stepping in a hole covered by leaves, a sudden storm which brings a lightning strike to your head , a late season diamondback rattler brought on by El Niño or a group of indigenous pygmies that did not want to be found out made sure you never leave.....geesh!

Back
Top Bottom