Question about an Optic

attison

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of getting a 700 sps tactical in .308, I would love an nice Nightforce scope or a leupold or something along those lines....................but working in public safety (on both jobs) kind of cant afford the nice nice optics. I have been reading up on and looking at a Millet LRS, just discovered they are owned by bushnell. Question is, are these good scopes? Anyone here have one or can anyone give me their eval on them? The scope is in my price range and has all the things I am looking for. Should have never traded my Springfield that I had, anyone have it and not liking it let me know I would take it back lol. Thanks guys.

I have heard there kind of hit and miss but I have had nothing too complain about for me and my occasional range visit. I have shot a max of 500 yards and each time it tracked perfectly back to zero. Can't speak on for rest of them but I have had nothing but good luck with mine.

Last edited:
There is NOTHING wrong with Bushnell/ Millet. I have a couple of older Millets on a few rifles and have no issues. If you want to confirm you have a good scope, You need to ensure it will return to Zero.

Here is how you confirm you have good glass on a rifle or pistol.

Zero the optic, once done, move the reticle 1 inch to the right and fire your second shot. Move your reticle 1 inch up and fire your third shot. Move your reticle one inch to the left and fire your last shot. last shot is crutial, for the last round fired, move the reticle one inch down and shoot. That last bullet should end up in the hole where you made your first shot. At the end of the day you should have five shot and a perfect 1inch box. If you can do that everything works properly on your scope and you have good glass.

I do this with any scope, if the scope wont do it you know there is something wrong with it right away instead of waiting for that perfect shot, reaching up to adjust for range and windage, come back down on the gun to brake a clean shot, coming to find our you weren't able to make your corrections and pissed your target.

All in all nothing wrong with millet, not that I experienced. I would say If you have the CHACHING for a millet now keep saving a little bit more for the LPOLD.....

Back
Top Bottom