• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for Crossbow Hunters

Getting geared up for my first archery season. These were first results with new crossbow into what was advertised as a 400 fps block style target that can handle both field points and broad heads. Crossbow is the Centerpoint Sniper 370, shot the bolts that came with it with 125 gr. field point added as well as the Easton Bloodline with same 125 gr. These 3 shots were from 12 yds. Is it normal that they just get buried in the target like this? The fletches had some of the black target residue as well when I pulled them out. Thanks for any insight! Like I said, first season, just trying to get myself to where I can take ethical shots. Want to make sure I practice enough but not have to re-buy new bolts nonstop.

View attachment 2244213 View attachment 2244214

Get a cheap bag target and hang it. The stuffing moves and slows down field points so they don't go so deep.

I honestly thought about putting some out with some sort of all-weather cover...but Bass Pro was running a sale...I really didn't want to spend $100 on a Block since I only spent $220 on the whole xbow pkg., but it's looking like the old motto applies "buy nice or buy twice".

I honestly thought about putting some out with some sort of all-weather cover...but Bass Pro was running a sale...I really didn't want to spend $100 on a Block since I only spent $220 on the whole xbow pkg., but it's looking like the old motto applies "buy nice or buy twice".
I went through the same thing you did. I bought a cheaper target and was messing up my fletching's and because bolt's were so dang expensive I had to get another target. I've used it for 5 years and it's still running strong.

I haven’t bow hunted since the days of recurve,and when compounds first come out.they show nuff faster now.i shot a ravin crossbow a couple weeks ago and it was amazing.
It really is amazing, I shot one at Cabela's a while back. I've heard they shoot so fast the string jumps the cam's on the bow a little with each shot so the string has to be replaced fairly often. Either way they really impressed me.

Back
Top Bottom